What is Xbox One error code 0x89231906?
Xbox One error code 0x89231906 is an error that usually occurs when you try to start or join a party chat. It prevents the players from using the party chat system. The error may mean that the internet connection between your console and that of the other party members is failing. It could also mean that the Network Address Translation (NAT) types are incompatible.
How can you fix Xbox One error code 0x89231906?
Some of the solutions to this error include:
- Changing the NAT settings
- Setting the network configuration to static
- Setting the Language & Location
- Turning on the energy saving mode
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Change the Network Address Translation (NAT) settings
Your NAT settings may be the cause of Xbox error 0x89231906. Kindly set your Xbox NAT type to Open. This will enable players to connect without you with less restriction and reduce the chances of disconnecting to the party. Please see below.
Go to the console Settings and then click Network.
Click Test multiplayer connection.
Repeat until NAT type is changed to Open.
Then, you can try to join a party to check if the solution works.
2. Set your Network Configuration to Static
Your dynamic network configuration may be causing Xbox error 0x89231906. Setting your network configuration to static increases the stability of your Xbox connection to your modem router. Please see instructions below on how to set the network configuration to static or watch it here on YouTube.
NOTE: If you're using a Wireless connection, use Wireless MAC address. Otherwise, use Wired Mac address.
- Go to Xbox One Network setting. Use solution 1 as a reference.
- Select IP setting and then select Manual. Set your IP.
- Select DNS Setting and then select Manual. Set your DNS.
- Open Microsoft Edge, type in your Gateway/router/modem IP address and then log in.
- Go to Lan tab and select DHCP server.
- Look for Enable Manual assignment and type in your MAC address and IP address.
- Then, try to join a party.
3. Set Language & Location
Your Xbox console may not be synchronized to the server due to wrong Language & Location setup, which may end up causing Xbox One error 0x89231906. Please correct yourLanguage & Location settings make sure to log in to your Xbox account first before doing any changes.
Starting at the Xbox Home screen access Settings.
Access All Settings, thenSystemand select Language & location.
Change the Location from where you are in.
Reboot the console to implement the settings.
4. Turn on Energy Saving mode
Due to Instant On mode, Xbox One undergo hibernate so it can boot faster when turned on the result is a cache problem causing Xbox One error 0x89231906. Xbox One deletes cache when turned off (Power Cycle) while hibernate it store cache. Changing the Instant On mode to Energy saving will set Xbox One to shut down when off. This process might help.
Go to Settings.
Select Power & Startup.
Select Power Mode and enable Energy-saving option.
Power Cycle Xbox One.
Then, try to join a party.